GriGri - grey, belay device
Belay device with cam-assisted blocking.
Does it need an introduction? The GRIGRI sets the standard for belay devices. In the gym or at the crag, it makes belaying easier with cam-assisted blocking. Equipped with an ergonomic handle, providing easy control for a smooth and comfortable descent for the climber. Compact and lightweight, it can be used with single ropes from 8.5 to 11 mm. Perfect for working your project!
Belay device with cam-assisted blocking, designed for the the gym and crag:
- feeding slack and catching falls are done using standard belay techniques; always keep a hand on the brake-side of the rope.
- Cam-assisted blocking for a more comfortable belay: when the climber falls or weights the rope, it tightens, making the cam pivot to pinch and block the rope.
- Cam-assisted blocking offers leeway for the brake-side hand position, regardless of the angle between the climber side and brake side of the ropes.
- Rope installation diagram engraved on both the inside and outside of the device.
Comfortable and convenient when loweirng:
- the ergonomic handle allows you to easily unblock and lower someone
- Progressive control of rope feed provides a smooth and comfortable descent
- 3:1 mechanical advantage of the handled camming mechanism helps control rope feed on small-diameter ropes and requires less effort on the handle for large-diameter ropes.
Intended for all users:
- simple to use for belaying both lead or top-rope climbers.
- optimally balanced design: lightweight (175 g), compact and durable.
Weight: 175 g
Rope compatibility: 8.5 to 11 mm single rope
Material(s): aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
Certification(s): CE EN 15151-1, UIAA
Made in France